My name is Michelle and I am a working mom to twin toddlers.
Bringing two babies into our home completely turned life upside-down for my husband and me. We’ve been through a lot already, but know there is always more to come as we navigate between providing for our kids, making the most of our time with them, and finding some time for ourselves.
About Surviving Twinsanity
Surviving Twinsanity is a journey to create the best life we can for ourselves and our kids.
It’s a mission to:
- Keep your family healthy and safe.
- Feel good about the time you are spending with your kids, regardless of whether you are a stay at home parent or a working parent.
- Help other families of multiples figure out how to make it all work.
- Figure out how to create and keep order in your house when you don’t have limitless time to create Pinterest-perfect closets and Instagram-worthy meals.
- Acknowledge and work through the struggles that come your way.
- And take care of yourself so you don’t drown taking care of everyone else.
How It All Began
In 2019, my mother ran into my 3rd grade teacherwhile out shopping. Somehow, more than two decades later, she remembered me and asked what I was doing. When told I was a pharmacist, her reply was “Oh, I thought she would be a writer”.
It made me remember that I did love to write and I realized that along the years, I’ve lost little bits of myself. This gave me the idea to recapture that passion by sharing my knowledge and experiences to help others. And of course having some fun with it 🙂
Who Am I?
I am a mother to boy/girl twin toddlers and and wife to a school counselor. My most important goal is to provide my kids with the best life possible. They are everything to me, but I have no doubt they will also be the death of me.
I am a pharmacist who is passionate about sharing accurate and helpful health information with anyone who seeks it.
I spent my entire (awful) pregnancy and the first 2 years of my twins’ lives working on and completing a master’s degree in Data Science. I don’t believe in giving up on the big, important things in life. If there’s a will, there’s a way.
I am a historically terrible housekeeper who is learning how to be more efficient and create a simpler and more organized home. You don’t need Marie Kondo when you have 2 toddlers getting into everything.
I love being creative! There are so many crafts and projects I want to try when I, one day, have the time. (Hence my ‘Cool Things I Will Probably Never Do’ Pinterest board). For now I try to find small joys in the activities I can accomplish both on my own, and with my kids. I hope to raise my children to see limitless possibilities in what they can create and do.
I am someone who finds it difficult to rest or devote time to herself when there are a million things to be done. I am learning to balance my priorities and include myself in them.
- I am an ordained minister through the Universal Life Church.
- I can still recite from heart the poem I memorized for a 4th grade play, Little Orphant Annie. I can’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday.
- My husband and I met working at the Indianapolis Zoo.
- In 2007 I spearheaded the creation of a Stargate Atlantis fan video for a contest. We won 6th place. If you’re crafty, you can still find it on YouTube 🙂
- My daughter is named after the lead female character in my favorite sci-fi television show.
- 2012 – PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy degree) from Butler University
- 2012 – Current: Registered Pharmacist (RPh) in the State of Indiana
- Retail pharmacist for 2 years
- Mail-Order pharmacist for 1 year
- Inpatient hospital pharmacist since 2015
- 2019 – Master’s Degree in Data Science from Indiana University